Ottawa’s east end multidisciplinary clinic
We offer treatment for all musculo-skeletal injuries from motor vehicle accident injuries to sports injuries. We provide for a wide range of clients including women’s health, paediatrics and geriatrics.
We also treat anyone who suffers from chronic pain, headaches, migraines, arthritis, post-surgery and some neurological conditions. All of our professionals are motivated to insure you receive a thorough, complete and personalized rehabilitation. We cater highly to athletes. Our very experienced staff has expertise with a variety of sport from figure skating, to gymnastics, martial arts, running, volleyball, cross-fit to name a few of our most passionate sports.
- Virtual Care
- Massage Therapy
- Sport Medecine
- Running Assessment
- Pedorthist & bracing
- Complete Concussion Management
A service provided to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional abilities for all ages. Our goal is to return you to that active pain free life you so desire. Physiotherapy at our clinic may include:
- Manual Therapy: mobilizations, massage, neural mobility, stretching, etc
- Active Exercise Program
- Sports Specific Rehabilitation
- Acupuncture & Dry needling
- Pain Modalities: including our unique micro-current
- Mechanical Treatment
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy
AS expert treatment we have:
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Functional Muscle Screening (FMS) and SFMA
- Osteoarthritis Program
- TMJ, head, migraine treatment
- Mckenzie treatments
Download the PhysioTherapy new patient form!
Virtual Care is physiotherapy services (assessments and follow-up treatments) provided to you via the use of your computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone. Online physiotherapy has become an increasingly sought after means to receive physiotherapy treatments from the comfort of your own home and/or office. You can be assured that our therapists are more than qualified to provide you with the quality and value that you know and expect from Physio Sport Plus.
What should I expect?
We will assess you the same way we would in clinic.
We will start with a brief introduction followed by a detailed history of your current issue.
Your physiotherapist will then observe the quality of your movement, then have you perform specific functional tests to determine your limits and abilities to help determine the cause and solutions to your pain.
Once we have an understanding of how your problem behaves through movement testing and symptom monitoring, we can establish our clinical impression and outline our goals.
We will then share with you targeted advice and provide you with appropriate exercises to manage and improve your condition.
A plan of care will be communicated to you.
Our physiotherapists are fully qualified to determine if you are, in fact, a candidate for Virtual Care. If you are not, you will be advised to be seen in-person at the clinic or referred to the appropriate health professional.
How do I prepare for my online physiotherapy appointment?
1. Choose a quiet space in your home and/or office2. Choose a room with good lighting
3. Please ensure that your device (smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer) is fully charged and ready for use during your appointment
4. Please ensure that you have good internet reception in the area of you choose for your appointment. How? : Internet connections can be verified using https://fast.com . You will need 15Mpbs of higher for video appointments. If not, audio only calls are recommended.
5. Please ensure that your camera is functional and well positioned for the meeting
6. We recommend wearing the appropriate clothes for your appointment depending on the body part we will be assessing. For example, shoulder problems are best assessed with sleeveless tops whereas knees are best assessed with shorts
7. Please have some of the recommended household equipment within reach during your appointment if you are able.
- chair with no wheels
- step stool
- yoga mat
- tennis ball
- small weights, elastic bands
- broom stick or golf club
We recommend the use of the GOOGLE CHROME browser.
A few minutes prior to your appointment:
Copy paste your physiotherapist’s link into your browser or click on the link below:
If you are having any difficulties or questions please call us at 613-830-4806.
Before your Virtual Care appointment please complete the following documents:
- Consent to use electronic communications to provide telehealth services
- Health and personal information document
If you are unable to do this, please call reception at 613-830-4806
Coverage and payments:
The majority of supplemental insurance companies cover Virtual Care.
We encourage you to confirm your coverage with your insurance company.
Payment is accepted through e-transfer sent to email@example.com or a credit card payment called in to 613-830-4806.
We will provide you with an electronic receipt for your insurance upon payment.
OR CALL US AT : 613-830-4806
If you need relaxation, to reduce muscle tension or to decrease chronic pain, massage can increase your physical and emotional wellbeing on top of contributing to your overall quality of life. (Ontario Massage Therapy Association www.omta.com) Massage therapy is beneficial to people of all ages. When one receives a massage, their muscular flexibility increases and with the associated relaxation, their stress level decreases.
The most benefits are obtained with ill or injured clients suffering from acute to chronic conditions. Physiologically, we can see a decrease in swelling and inflammation, following a trauma but also an improved irrigation of tissues, which can alter the cycle of pain. Psychologically, massage can help depression as well as anxiety and by decreasing stress, can help decrease blood pressure.
Simply put, massage can decrease and manage pain coming from several sources and pathologies. For example, the following conditions can be treated by a massage therapist: Back and neck pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, dislocations, fractures, sprains, strains, headaches, post-surgery, muscular tension and spasms, sports injuries, tendinopathies, fibromyalgia, arthritis, pregnancy and whiplash.
Download the Massage Therapy form
Our sport medicine physicians are here on a weekly basis to do assessment and management of a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions in athletes of all ages and abilities. Here are other specific issues they will see at the clinic.
- Management of concussions including return to learn, work and play decision
- Joint and soft-tissue injections (including viscosupplementation)
- Osteoarthritis management
- Medical conditions in athletes such as the female athlete triad
- Knowledge concerning rules for medications and supplements in sport
Download the Sport Medecine new patient form!
Perform better. Run faster. Stay injury free.
We perform running evaluations via video and a complete physical evaluation for runners seeking to prevent injuries or improve their performance. Exercise programs and counselling on training will be given following the evaluation.
The video goes over running form and modifications that can be made to run more efficiently and possible prevent injury or further injury.
We will give you advice to improve your running, warm-up, cool-down, specific running exercises, return to running program following injury.
Download the Running Assessment new patient form!
RSWT is a mechanical energetic shockwave that is used to initiate an inflammation –like condition ( pro–inflammation) in the tissue that is being treated. This stimulation promotes physiological changes to the tissue and triggers healing, reparative and regenerative processes. It accelerates tissue repair and cell growth , analgesia and mobility restoration.
Supported by the research, it is effectively used to treat plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathy, patellar tendinopathy, lateral elbow tendinopathy and calcified tendinitis of the shoulder. Other conditions can be treated but the results can be varied.
Each treatment lasts 30 minutes per session . The shockwave itself is about 5-10 minutes. You will get education and exercises to combine with the treatment. You will need approximately 3-5 sessions.
Download the Shockwave new patient form!
PEDORTHIST & BRACING
Our goal with the pedorthic treatment solutions is maintaining proper foot function through custom foot orthoses, proper footwear and specific exercises. All of our orthotics are hand-fabricated in our own in-house laboratory based on the clinical assessments. We promote proper injury rehabilitation through the use of custom ligament or meniscal tear bracing as well as osteoarthritic unloading braces featuring Donjoy and Ossur products.
Orthotic solutions include:
- Semi-firm nickleplast custom shell for maximum shock absorption
- 3 or 4mm subortholene custom shells for full support with minimal space lost in footwear
- 3 or 4mm subortholene custom cobra shell made specific for narrow restrictive footwear
- Orthotics may be metatarsal, sulcus or full length
- A large variety of top cover materials are available such as real leather, diabetic cover, closed cell foam, Spenco and many more
AS expert treatment we have:
- Custom ACL, MCL/LCL, PCL or meniscal tear/post-surgery bracing
- Custom osteoarthritis bracing
COMPLETE CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT
We assess , educate and treat acute concussions and also persistent concussion symptoms ( Post-Concussion Syndrome).
As we treat concussion injuries on a daily basis and see first hand the impact they can have on the lives of the injured person and their family members, our Complete Concussion Management practitioners are committed to providing the most up to date and research-based management and treatment for concussions. We aim to educate students, coaches, parents, teachers and athletes on the importance of recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussion. It is imperative that we continue to support our young athletes through education and to help take away the stigma that is associated with sitting out of play when injured.
View the Complete Concussion Management website
Get In touch
Send us your email and we'll email you back ready to answer!